Friday, December 29, 2006

Urbana

Well, it's day two of Urbana. I sit here in the exhibit hall awaiting the devine appointments already planned by God. Who will come? With whom will I speak? Will they really understand the awesomeness of what God is doing in the Dominican Repbulic? Will they understand the passion with which God has called me to this country and these people? All these questions are only answered by God.
I am also acutely aware of my smallness. In a sea of people trying to help these college kids understand their calling, I feel insuficient. I don't want to convince anyone of anything. I don't need to. God is enough.
In the midst of these speakers being here to speak to college kids, I am also very aware of how God is speaking personally to me through each speaker. Ajith Fernanado is a short man from Sri Lanka and he is the teacher for all the Corinithians sermons. He is an amaizing man; humble and kind who always has a joke to tell. This morning he spoke on long term commitment. In this throw-away, temporary culture, we need to stop giving up on people so quickly. We need to begin to have long term commitment to people. WOW! Can we say speaking right into my recent doubts. He also shared how gratitude helps us to stay focused on Jesus and others. In this very self-focused society, gratitude helps us to look outward at all God has for us.
Thanks for all your prayers and support. Two more days, keep praying.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home