Monday, December 18, 2006

Merry Christmas!



Sometimes computers bother me...I had already written up this beautiful article and put the pictures and when I went to spell check it, it deleted everything. I can tell this country has changed me. I dont' let things like this get to me anymore. I think, oh well, this is normal. When I lived in the states, these kinds of things used to get me upset...

Well, the end of the semester came and went. Second grade had a Christmas party to celebrate. My students are so generous. Everyone brough something to share. The kids recieved a plate piled high with a quantity of junk food larger than thier average meal. I warned this kids to share with family and friends so as not to make themselves sick. One boy, Christian, decided he was going to eat all his food and five extra pieces of cake. He threw up three times. He was very mature about it - having learned a very good lesson. Don't eat too much junk food! A lesson that, as adults, we need to remember as we enter the yummiest time of year.

As the social commitments increase and work decreases, I am reminded that the reason of the season is Jesus. A child was born who would become the Savior of the world. Don't forget the real reason for celebrating! Spend some quiet time talking with Him and enjoying his presence!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home