Monday, January 23, 2006


It's been more than a week since my last post and yet life here continues as usual. School consumes the majority of my time. The rest of the time is spent keeping up with relationships. Living in a relationship centered culture can be tiring, but praise the Lord I love it! You can't just say hello and be on your way, you have to ask about the family, work and anything else that comes to mind. There's no just getting straight to business, you've got to communicate about those things first. It's wonderful!
I cannot believe that the month of January is coming to an end. How quickly time goes! My eighth graders are doing well. The oldest and most rebellious was suspended indefinatly; until he can admit what he did wrong, aplogize and convince the principal (Cody) why he should come back to school. It's not looking like he will return. Please pray for Adelso and his family. He is adopted by a Canadian missionary family here.
Sometimes life just seems to fall apart, but it's lovely how God's peace permeates all of it. My motorcycle is always in need of repairs. I don't know anything about it, but my friend Braulio who works for Chad Wallace always comes to my rescue. Our hot water heater was replaced a month ago and has since caused a lake in our house, but Paulino the fix-it man always knows how to fix it. Our front gate broke and fell off and we are still looking for someone with a blow torch - I know God will provide. It started raining last week and hasn't stopped since, but that's to be expected for this month. Praise the Lord peace doesn't depend on our circumstances, but on his unfailing love and grace for us!
Isaiah26:3 He will keep in perfect peace those whose mind are steadfast, because they trust in Him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home