Monday, January 28, 2008

Retreat

These are the women in my small group at the Women's Retreat.

We were asked to pick some things that represent God's glory for us. For me it is the mountains. There is something so magestic and strong about the mountains; and here they are always intense green and full of life. They take on an even bigger picture of God's glory for me to think about how many people live up in those mountains and survive (life is extremely hard in the DR mountains). The other thing that expresses God's glory for me is the rain. For all the reasons one could think of.


This weekend was the women's retreat. It was such a good time of rest and relaxation. The theme of the weekend was God's glory; giving God glory. What does it mean to glorify God? and How can we do that? It was a weekend full of grace for me. I have recently felt much like a failure, much like someone who can't meet any of God's standards for me or my life. I feel like whatever God wants me to do, I am doing the opposite. So to have our Heavenly Father meet me in the midst of that and remind me that it doesn't matter what state of sin I am in, to always give him thanks and glory. Because ultimately giving God glory has nothing to do with me. It's not about me, about how much I am or am not living up to any standards or the things I am doing. It's all about Him receiving the glory for the amazing things he does in me and my life. Praise the Lord!

2 Comments:

At 9:55 AM, Blogger Connie J. said...

Hey girlfriend!! Connie J. Nicolaus here!! I'm working at the Jesus Center as the Director of the homeless shelter called Sabbath House. I saw your mom the other day and she gave me your "link". I just want to say how much it pleases the Lord when His children serve the poor and needy in this world. You are much loved and your service to the children is very precious in God's sight!! As you have received blessings from God, you are a blessing to those around you.
Love, Connie

 
At 2:09 PM, Blogger m&jin ky said...

Hey Tara
Just wanted to say Hi from Kentucky. My wife and I are nurses and have on several mission trips to the DR, I "stumbled" upon your blog and started reading and lo and behold I recognized someone in this picture. Isn't that Eileene(hope I spelled it right)there in front ? I met her last March in San Pedro. Tell her Mike & Joanne from Kentucky said HI. By the way ditto to what connie j said. God blesses those who bless others and we pray for you.
Blessings,
Mike & Joanne @ lasttofallthedogs@hotmail.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home