Monday, November 26, 2007

In Memory of Griselda


I haven’t had to feel the deep lose of death in 10 years. Griselda was the first person I have lost in my adult life. She is the first person in my life who has NOT died of natural causes. She is the first Dominican friend I have lost. She passed away on Friday at 3:30pm. Saturday I woke up at 8:30; the time I would normally see her walking up to our gate. She would smile her beautiful smile and we would begin to chat about life over a brief cup of coffee. She always had this cute pouty face with one eye brow raised that she would make when I said something she thought was crazy. Without her I couldn’t have become the woman that I am. Even though some might say she just cleaned my house, she was so much more. She taught me more than I could remember about Dominican culture. She was a wise woman, whose faith challenged my own. She gave me lots of good advice and allowed me to become the hospitable woman I am, opening up my home to others in need. I will never forget her or her legacy of faith and service.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home