Thursday, September 22, 2005

Latest News!

~NO, we haven't experienced any hurricanes here, not even a tropical storm. Praise the Lord! We do, however, have a gas shortage. We can only buy gas between 9am and 7pm during the week and not after 12pm on Saturday. The govts are fighting about money and petroleum. Please pray they resolve this quickly because this affects our electricity, which we've only had 3-4 hours a day recently.
~School is going well. Tonight we are having a parent-teacher-student meeting with 6th grade because they are such a bad class and parents are un-involved. 8th grade is gearing up for another car wash this Sat. and 7th grade is doing some awesome presentations in Math class.
~Small group in El Callejon is going well. Every week I spend more time with the girls and our relationships get deeper. Please pray that God would open them up to more discipleship and provide more leaders for this area.
~The Discipleship class I began on Sat is going well. We were assigned to read Matt-Phil for Oct 8th, which incidently is my birthday! It was awesome to read all four gospels in a matter of days. The faith of our ancestors!
~The English class I teach to members from my chruch is going well. They are a bit talkative (in spanish), but we are moving ahead and leaving embarassment behind. If you have any good activities for speaking, email me.
~I am doing well. In the midst of all this joyous work, I am finding time to be refreshed by the Lord and grow in my realtionship with him. Prayer has become vital to my life and moments of silence (even if for only minutes) bring peace. Love you all!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home