Saturday, September 10, 2005

My Update

Ok, since you know some of what I have been up to, I will share what God has been doing in my life lately. The last few weeks have been very full and busy; some might say stressful. I was journaling just this morning, whatever happened to those Saturdays where I woke up with absolutely nothing to do? Missionaries here say that when you first get here you have all the time in the world; hours and hours with nothing to do. Then you get busier and for like 30 seconds you have a balance of free time and busyness, but then after that it's always having to practice that boundary setting by saying no to the things you know God has not called you to.
I just finished the book Captivating by John & Stasi Eldridge. It was an amazing book and if you want to understand the feminine soul, read it. I am reading Wild at Heart by John Eldridge right now and it is just as good. God has really affirmed through reading these books, some of the things he has created in me. He has reminded me that it is okay to be dependent on Him; that's the way he created me.
Lately God has really called me to prayer, but at the same time convicting me that I pray without really believing. James 5:16-17 says that the prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective. John 15 says that Jesus has chosen us and appointed us to go and bear fruit. It is a promise that we will bear fruit. It is a promise that our prayers will be powerful and effective. Our praying should come only with the conviction that God will listen, God will answer and God will transform. Sometimes the answer is not the one we want to hear, but He always answers. God has shown me that if I want to bring something before him in prayer, I better believe he's going to move and transform whatever it is. In Matthew 21: 22 Jesus says "If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer." ...If we believe...God help us to believe...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home