Friday, August 26, 2005

Attack of the Killer Cockroach!


I survived another night cockroach attack. As I heard the flutter of wings and felt something brush past my face, I instantly recognized it, as it's the fourth time it has occurred. I quickly jumped up and ran for the light switch. Thankfully there was electricity and as I flipped on the light, frantically searching for the roach, I realized I didn't have my glasses on and couldn't see. As I reached for my glasses I saw it as it crawled under my pillow. I reached for my sandal and tried to get it off the bed. I believe the cockroach to be the fastest animal alive. They always seem to run out from under your shoe unscathed. The blasted beast went under my bed. Realizing I wouldn't be able to sleep without killing it, for fear of another attack, I took apart my bed to get it. Mission accomplished; roach terminated. Just another night in the DR.

1 Comments:

At 3:46 PM, Blogger Design Ministry said...

Ack! I totally understand! I've never had to deal with these things until I felt something around my ankle as I was working at my desk the other day...COACKROACH!

I had never had to confront one before, they are so icky! I finally worked up the nerve to stomp on it, and it was unfazed. A 20 minute battle ensued, and thanks to some bug spray I swept him up and took him out to the trash.

You are so brave to deal with this as often as you do! Go you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home